Sunday, February 13, 2011

Here we go!

We are the Buettners, Jon , Jana, and Kerdjerns (Kj)!

In 36 hours we will depart on a six week, 4756 miles westward adventure. We plan to visit 10 states and most importantly about 20 different ski areas! We will be travelling in our 1985 21 ft. New horizon motorhome, otherwise known as “Willy”

We are on a mission of many purposes.

Recently it seems, God has chosen to close some doors. We all know the saying, when God closes a door he opens another. We are confident that we will have the opportunity to peer through many doors and windows on this journey. Therefore we now find ourselves in a hallway…hence the name of our blog.

Change is never easy..

Refining is painful..

Loved ones are precious..

We were recently gifted a devotional called Jesus calling…enjoying peace in His presence.

The first day we read was Feb 1st. In such a timely way God spoke to us and began a healing in us that we know will continue. It brought tears to our eyes and hope to our hearts! This is what we read:

Follow me one step at a time.That is all I require of you, In fact, that is the only way to move through this world.You see huge mountains looming, and you start wondering how you’re going to scale those heights.Meanwhile, because you aren’t looking where you’re going you stumble on the easy path where I am leading you now. As I help you get back on your feet, you tell me how worried you are about the cliffs ahead. But you don’t know what will happen today, much less tomorrow.Your path may take an abrupt turn, leading you away from those mountains.There may be an easier way up the mountain than is visible from this distance. If I do lead you up the cliff, I will equip you thoroughly for that strenuous climb. I will give my angels charge over you, to preserve you in all your ways. Keep your mind on the present journey, enjoying my presence.Walk by faith, not by sight ,trusting Me to open the way before you.

So…here we go!

5 comments:

  1. Sad that I can't go with you physically but so thankful that I can follow from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, look forward to following you on this journey. I believe that God will use this time to speak to your hearts and show you His direction.......road trips seem to have a way of slowing us down, clearing our minds of some "road blocks" in our daily lives and giving us that special bonding time with the ones we love! Bon Voyage, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    Stephanie McCallum x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should be fun!!!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana, Jon and KJ,
    We are so excited for the adventure God is leading you on! May His presence lead you to many people, places and safety as you make way on His journey! Can't wait to hear what He does during this time on the road!
    In His hands,
    Charlie and Melissa Broberg (Daphnee's parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Rhyan maybe you should give your mom advise on blogging. I keep coming here to check on them and WELL. ;-) Love ya see you soon mystery blogger or is it hide and seek blogger.

    ReplyDelete